Perfect for storing in the freezer for that cold rainy day – or f
or entertaining your friends and family in style!
Want a better lunch at work? .. these jars can be reheated in a microwave (must remove metal hinge – an easy 2 step process – slide off clip in back of wires – wire top and bottom can then be removed with ease)
FIDO Mason Jar Chicken Pot Pie with Butternut Squash
Bormioli Rocco Fido Latch lid 200ML Mason Jar
Mason jars: 4 Bormioli Rocco FIdo 6 3/4 oz Wide Mouth Latch Lid Canning Jars
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 small bunch kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded to bite-size pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic and sage to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic begins to brown, careful not to burn, about 2 minutes.
- Massage kale in separate bowl. Add kale and season with salt and pepper to pan with onions. Cook, tossing often, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, 1/2-cupful at a time, then add squash. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until squash is just softened and broth is thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add chicken to skillet, stir, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Scoop filling into lightly greased jars.
- Unfold pastry and smooth any creases. Use mason jar lids to trace circle disks, 1/2 inch away from the rim, so the disk is larger than the mouth of the jars.
- Place pastry cutouts over filled jars allowing edges to hang over sides.
- Whisk egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Brush pastry with egg wash; cut five 1/2-inch slits in top to vent.
- Bake mason jar pot pies until pastry is beginning to brown, 15-20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° and bake until pastry is deep golden brown and crisp, 15-20 minutes longer. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- If for later – let cool naturally – then the individual pies can be frozen in the airtight latch lid jar
Bormioli Rocco FIDO jars are the best latch lid jar on the market today. Versital and durable – replaceable seals – oven and freezer safe glass jars!
Glass Packaging Solutions Case Pack store
GlasPak – large selection of Italian swing top bottles and latch lid jars
Wholesale Glass Bottles and Jars – Restaurants and Hotel sized orders!