UPDATE …. There is a worldwide glass shortage and massive supply chain disruption.
We are working hard to provide as much quality Italian glass bottles and jars as possible.
One of the things we heard often was that the FIDO was great for meals in a jar – BUT the lid hanging down was a pain…. along came Luigi Bormioli (who now OWNS the Rocco Bormioli glass company and their FIDO jar brand) with a great, but fairly expensive, upgrade.
Is it worth the cost increase for the Lock Eat program – so far out customers appear to thinks so – the entire lid comes off and seals back with 1 motion! … restaurants and stores using for display have been buying up a ton….. it will never replace the FIDO for storage or canning – but for display and meals in a jar – SUPERB in our opinion.
Check out the selection at glaspak.com – they even have a large mouth Juice jar … a great new idea!
Hope you get to enjoy this new product soon! … regards, Bob
Kombucha Tea dates back to around 220 BCE and was primarily used in the Manchuria, Russian and Eastern Europe regions. Currently the United States is seeing a boom in the production and consumption of Kombucha Teas.
Kombucha is a verity of fermented, effervescent sweetened black or green tea drink. By fermenting tea using a colonies of bacteria and yeast (SCOBY), Kombucha is said to have multiple health benefits.
Our Italian Glass Swing Top Bottles are perfect for your Kombucha bottling needs!
WARNING – Do not use a square bottle for any fermented or highly carbonated beverages. Please only use Round Bottles as Square Bottles have a tendency to break when exposed to the pressures developed during fermentation or during carbonation.
With Spring finally showing up in parts of the United States it is time to start thinking about your fermenting needs for your new crops.
Our full line of Bormioli Rocco Fido Jars are great for all your veggie and cabbage fermenting needs! Our Hermetically Sealed Swing Top Glass Jars are great to keep your veggies fresh and and keep oxygen out!
Compiled is a list of some common uses for the Bormioli Rocco Fido Jars
Perfect for storing in the freezer for that cold rainy day – or f
or entertaining your friends and family in style!
Want a better lunch at work? .. these jars can be reheated in a microwave (must remove metal hinge – an easy 2 step process – slide off clip in back of wires – wire top and bottom can then be removed with ease)
FIDO Mason Jar Chicken Pot Pie with Butternut Squash
Bormioli Rocco Fido Latch lid 200ML Mason Jar
Mason jars: 4 Bormioli Rocco FIdo 6 3/4 oz Wide Mouth Latch Lid Canning Jars
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 small bunch kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded to bite-size pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic and sage to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic begins to brown, careful not to burn, about 2 minutes.
- Massage kale in separate bowl. Add kale and season with salt and pepper to pan with onions. Cook, tossing often, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, 1/2-cupful at a time, then add squash. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until squash is just softened and broth is thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add chicken to skillet, stir, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Scoop filling into lightly greased jars.
- Unfold pastry and smooth any creases. Use mason jar lids to trace circle disks, 1/2 inch away from the rim, so the disk is larger than the mouth of the jars.
- Place pastry cutouts over filled jars allowing edges to hang over sides.
- Whisk egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Brush pastry with egg wash; cut five 1/2-inch slits in top to vent.
- Bake mason jar pot pies until pastry is beginning to brown, 15-20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° and bake until pastry is deep golden brown and crisp, 15-20 minutes longer. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- If for later – let cool naturally – then the individual pies can be frozen in the airtight latch lid jar
Bormioli Rocco FIDO jars are the best latch lid jar on the market today. Versital and durable – replaceable seals – oven and freezer safe glass jars!
Glass Packaging Solutions Case Pack store
GlasPak – large selection of Italian swing top bottles and latch lid jars
Wholesale Glass Bottles and Jars – Restaurants and Hotel sized orders!
Mason Jar Apple Pies
FIDO jars: 6 Canning Jars 4 oz. Bormioli Rocco #141370 jars
Apple pie in a Bormioli Rocco Fido jar – glaspak.com
1 11 ounce frozen pre-made pie crust (thawed)
2 cups diced granny smith apples
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup vanilla ice cream (optional)
Pre-heat oven at 350 degree F.
In a medium bowl, mix together apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cornstarch. Make sure apples are evenly coated.
Unroll pie crust dough. Press dough to fill the interior mold of each mason jar to the top edge.
Scoop apple mixture into your prepared mason jars and top with 1/2 inch strips of pie crust forming a lattice.
Put jars on a baking sheet, cover with foil for first 20 minutes. Uncover and bake in oven for 25 minutes OR cover unbaked jars with lids and freeze for later. (When baking frozen pies, leave in oven for about 50-60 minutes.)
Servings: 6 – 4 oz. pies
Bormioli Rocco Fido jars can be used in an oven – and can later be refrigerated or even frozen … the most versital quality latch lid jar on the market today! …
GlasPak – Quality Italian bottles and jars
Glasswarehouse Case Pack Store
Wholesale Glass Bottles – larger order site!
Found this PDF file for canning in a Bormioli Rocco Fido jar ..
FIDO canning instructions (hot bath)
Canning in a FIDO jar
http://www.wholesaleglassbottles.com – $150 minimum wholesale site click here
http://www.glaspak.com – various case size orders – wholesale on multiple cases of same item (you are here!)
http://www.glasswarehouse.org – small order site click here
http://www.qualityglassbottles.com – full pallet orders of same item click here
Welcome to the GlasPak.com Blog. We will be updating this blog periodically with new sales, great recipes and suggestions on what our products are great for!