Compiled is a list of some common uses for the Bormioli Rocco Fido Jars
Perfect for storing in the freezer for that cold rainy day – or f
or entertaining your friends and family in style!
Want a better lunch at work? .. these jars can be reheated in a microwave (must remove metal hinge – an easy 2 step process – slide off clip in back of wires – wire top and bottom can then be removed with ease)
FIDO Mason Jar Chicken Pot Pie with Butternut Squash
Mason jars: 4 Bormioli Rocco FIdo 6 3/4 oz Wide Mouth Latch Lid Canning Jars
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 small bunch kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded to bite-size pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic and sage to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic begins to brown, careful not to burn, about 2 minutes.
- Massage kale in separate bowl. Add kale and season with salt and pepper to pan with onions. Cook, tossing often, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, 1/2-cupful at a time, then add squash. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until squash is just softened and broth is thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add chicken to skillet, stir, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Scoop filling into lightly greased jars.
- Unfold pastry and smooth any creases. Use mason jar lids to trace circle disks, 1/2 inch away from the rim, so the disk is larger than the mouth of the jars.
- Place pastry cutouts over filled jars allowing edges to hang over sides.
- Whisk egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Brush pastry with egg wash; cut five 1/2-inch slits in top to vent.
- Bake mason jar pot pies until pastry is beginning to brown, 15-20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° and bake until pastry is deep golden brown and crisp, 15-20 minutes longer. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- If for later – let cool naturally – then the individual pies can be frozen in the airtight latch lid jar
Bormioli Rocco FIDO jars are the best latch lid jar on the market today. Versital and durable – replaceable seals – oven and freezer safe glass jars!
Mason Jar Apple Pies
FIDO jars: 6 Canning Jars 4 oz. Bormioli Rocco #141370 jars
1 11 ounce frozen pre-made pie crust (thawed)
2 cups diced granny smith apples
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup vanilla ice cream (optional)
Pre-heat oven at 350 degree F.
In a medium bowl, mix together apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cornstarch. Make sure apples are evenly coated.
Unroll pie crust dough. Press dough to fill the interior mold of each mason jar to the top edge.
Scoop apple mixture into your prepared mason jars and top with 1/2 inch strips of pie crust forming a lattice.
Put jars on a baking sheet, cover with foil for first 20 minutes. Uncover and bake in oven for 25 minutes OR cover unbaked jars with lids and freeze for later. (When baking frozen pies, leave in oven for about 50-60 minutes.)
Servings: 6 – 4 oz. pies
Bormioli Rocco Fido jars can be used in an oven – and can later be refrigerated or even frozen … the most versital quality latch lid jar on the market today! …
Found this PDF file for canning in a Bormioli Rocco Fido jar ..
FIDO canning instructions (hot bath)
http://www.wholesaleglassbottles.com – $150 minimum wholesale site click here
http://www.glaspak.com – various case size orders – wholesale on multiple cases of same item (you are here!)
http://www.glasswarehouse.org – small order site click here
http://www.qualityglassbottles.com – full pallet orders of same item click here